In addition to endorsing the load forecasting model and discussing energy efficiency in the peak load forecast, the Markets and Reliability Committee discussed a number of first reads at its November 19 meeting.
PJM presented draft Tariff and manual revisions to clarify the customer baseline process for non-summer capacity compliance measures.
PJM presented a proposed problem statement and issue charge regarding the number of nodes/biddable points at which virtual transactions may be made. PJM said the problem statement and issue charge were designed to open a broader dialogue on the issue through the stakeholder process.
There was a lengthy discussion of distributed battery storage in PJM markets. Members of the Other Supplier sector proposed a tentative problem statement. PJM will work with the proposers to develop a full problem statement and issue charge for consideration at the December MRC.
The MRC also endorsed/approved:
- Proposed revisions to Manual 01: Control Center and Data Exchange, NERC interpersonal communication requirements
- Proposed revisions to Manual 03: Transmission Operations, the bi-annual review to update operating procedures
- Proposed clarifying revisions to Manual 12: Balancing Operations
Previsions to Manual 13: Emergency Operations, updates to day-ahead scheduling reserve and additional updates
- Proposed revisions to Manual 14B: Regional Transmission Planning Process, consideration of Energy Market Uplift in the development of candidate RTEP projects
- Proposed revisions to Manual 14B: PJM Regional Transmission Planning Process, NERC TPL–001-4 standards.
- Proposed revisions to the Tariff and Operating Agreement definitions presented by the Governing Documents Enhancement & Clarification Subcommittee.
The MRC delayed a vote on a proposed problem statement and issue charge from the Supplier Caucus on Underperformance Risk Management in RPM/CP until December.
The committee opted not to sunset the Cost Development Subcommittee at its December meeting but did agree to sunset the Gas-Electric Senior Task Force.