Members focused on informational updates and participated in education sessions at the May 11 Markets Implementation Committee meeting.
The committee covered:
- Education and continued discussion around un-nesting Operating Parameter definitions in Manuals 11, 15 and 28
- Tariff-required reporting on analysis for the 2020/2021 auctions and the Minimum Offer Price Rule
- Net Energy Injections Quarterly Report
- Interregional Coordination
- Discussion on excess capacity procured in the Capacity Performance transition incremental auctions, specifically for the 2017/2018 delivery year
- Clarifications to Auction Specific Bilateral Transactions
The MIC approved a problem statement and issue charge for changes to Manual 11: Energy & Ancillary Services Market Operations on clearing the day-ahead scheduling reserve market. The current rule for market eligibility does not prevent any resource from clearing DASR even though such resources cannot fulfil DASR obligations in real time.
First reads for June endorsements and approvals:
- Biennial Review for Manual 15: Cost Development Guidelines
- Periodic Review for Manual 28: Operating Agreement Accounting
- Proposal for flexibility in the process to request a Parameter Limited Schedules exception
- Problem statement and issue charge concerning the registration submission deadline for Demand Response resources
- Problem statement and issue charge on potential enhancements to the Residual Auction Revenue Rights process