Members endorsed a number of tariff revisions at the Members Committee meeting Thursday afternoon.
- Tariff revisions for the study of transmission service requests and upgrade requests in the new services queue process (as part of consent agenda)
- Tariff revisions associated with proposals developed by the financial transmission rights modeling, performance and surplus special sessions of the Market Implementation Committee:
- Tariff and Operating Agreement revisions associated with interim auction re-design (passed with 3.38 in a sector-weighted vote)
- RERRA review of Energy Efficiency resource participation in the Capacity Market (acclamation vote)
This was the first Members Committee meeting with Michael Borgatti of Gabel & Associates as chair and Chuck Dugan, East Kentucky Power Cooperative, as vice chair.
Dugan announced the Liaison Committee meeting on Feb. 13 will cover resilience in the aftermath of the FERC directive (see Chris O’Hara’s presentation at the Markets & Reliability Committee), price formation and fast start resources, and capacity markets and public policy.
Markets & Reliability Committee Business
In addition to the lengthy discussions on cost containment, capacity markets, cold weather review and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission issues, the Markets & Reliability Committee had a number of first reads and endorsements.
- Revisions to Manual 38: Operations Planning
- Revisions to Manual 40: Training and Certification Requirements
- Problem statement and issue charge to address costs associated with the operationalizing gas pipeline contingencies initiative
- RERRA Review of Energy Efficiency Participation
- Tariff Revisions to address overlapping congestion
- Draft charter for the Summer-Only Demand Response Senior Task Force
- Draft charter for the Energy Price Formation Senior Task Force
- Revisions to Manual 2: Transmission Service Request
- Revisions to Manual 11: Energy & Ancillary Services Market Operations (energy offer verification)
- Revisions to Manual 12: Balancing Operations
- Revisions to Manual 14B: Regional Transmission Planning Process (periodic review)
Revisions to Manual 14D: Generator Operational Requirements
- Revisions to Manual 18: PJM Capacity Market