At its October 7 meeting, the Market Implementation Committee endorsed and discussed manual and tariff language, problem statements and clarifications.
The MIC endorsed draft manual and tariff language for Tier I compensation. The language more clearly defines how Tier 1 Synchronized Reserve resources are compensated.
After discussion, the MIC also approved the problem statement and issue charge for demand response non-summer capacity compliance calculations. The committee will consider the changes at the November MIC meeting.
The committee discussed updates on market data confidentiality clarifications. PJM made revisions to draft manual language based on stakeholder feedback from the September MIC meeting. This includes clarifying the amount of time – two months – before any outage information is released.
In a separate working topic, education was provided regarding the information posted with auction results for Financial Transmission Rights. Under this working topic, a request to mask participant name is being discussed.
Among the informational updates:
- PJM-MISO Day-Ahead Firm Flow Entitlement exchange
- Identifying the most critical MISO/PJM seam issues and establishing the framework for issue resolution
- Unit-specific operating parameter adjustments and the process for members
- Rules for Long-Term Transmission Outage Submission
- Regulation performance impacts (from the Operating Committee)
- A new cash module for the eCredit system
- Guidelines from Monitoring Analytics for generation owners that choose to offer their gas-fired units based on replacement costs