Gordon van Welie, president and CEO of ISO New England, will be the keynote speaker and Federal Energy Regulatory Commissioner Philip Moeller will give the afternoon address at PJM’s Grid 20/20: Focus on Gas/Electric Interoperability forum on Wednesday, June 17. The forum will be held at PJM in Audubon, Pa, however due to a maximum capacity limit, only WebEx participation remains open.
Van Welie will speak on the importance of gas/electric interoperability. Moeller will discuss the possibilities and challenges in changing the gas industry supply chain and providing greater flexibility. PJM president and CEO Terry Boston will give the welcoming and closing remarks.
The purpose of PJM Grid 20/20 is to provide PJM members and policy makers with cutting edge ideas, visions and technologies that will transform electricity in the 21st century.
Attendance via WebEx is still available. Instructions for dialing into the WebEx:
- Meeting Dial-In Number: 866-546-3377
- Meeting Access Code: 959934
- Meeting Link: https://pjm.webex.com
- Meeting Password: grid0617pjm
- Meeting Session Number: 654 827 187
10 a.m. – Gas challenges and potential future of the pipelines
Moderator: Stan Brownell, consultant, Monitoring Analytics, LLC
- Todd Bessemer, director and principal, Market Reform
- Todd Duffield, manager, Gas Control and Pipeline Operations, Integrys Energy Group
- Joseph Kienle, director, Dominion Transmission, Inc.
- Richard Kruse, vice president of Regulatory and FERC chief compliance officer, Spectra Energy Corp.
11:15 a.m. – Electric industry changes, challenges and what’s ahead
Moderator: Chantal Hendrzak, executive director – Operations Support, PJM
- Bob Hayes, vice president, Natural Gas Trading, Calpine Corp.
- Andy Ott, executive vice president – Markets, PJM
- Gordon van Welie, president and chief executive officer, ISONE
- Sara Wilmer, executive consultant, Levitan & Associates, Inc.
2 p.m. – Potential Solutions
Moderator: Philip D. Moeller, Commissioner, FERC
- Michael Borgatti, director of RTO Services, Gabel Associates
- Commissioner Asim Haque, vice chairman, Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
- Mike Kormos, executive vice president – Operations, PJM Interconnection, LLC
- Jonathan Peress, Air Policy director – Natural Gas, Environmental Defense Fund