The first sessions of the new PJM Tech Change Forum will meet Sept. 27 and Sept. 28.
The forum is designed to coordinate, consolidate and share information about planned changes to PJM tools and technology. The forum will offer an opportunity for two-way dialogue for feedback on member readiness for planned changes, the design of tools’ features and their prioritization and how and when changes will be implemented.
The target audience is staff from member companies who are hands-on with PJM’s tools or people who are responsible for their organization’s technology that works with PJM’s tools.
There will also be a two-day forum on Oct. 26 and 27 and on Dec. 1 and 2.
To increase the visibility of the changes to PJM tools, and to better prepare members, each forum will have two different meetings, each with its own focus.
Product Preparedness (Sept. 27, Oct. 26 and Dec. 1)
- Four-hour session
- Audience: stakeholders and technical representatives, if available
- Discuss change awareness including long-term product roadmap, PJM-wide initiative view, as well as upcoming change awareness and coordination
- Review product design including feature elaboration, prioritization, user feedback and feature demonstrations
Technical Implementation (Sept. 28, Oct. 27 and Dec. 2)
- Two-hour session
- Audience: technical representatives and, if interested, stakeholders
- In-depth discussion and review of technical integrations, standardizations, emerging technology as well as member forum to share solutions
- Anticipate full developer discussion for upcoming changes/impacts to environments
- Dedicated time for question-and-answer sessions
The forum is a direct result of member feedback, through both the 2015 stakeholder survey and individual outreach and follow-up. More than 100 stakeholders participated in an introductory information session July 21.
Participants in the forum need to be on PJM’s Technical Notifications email distribution list. To be added, interested member representatives should log into their My PJM account and navigate to My Email Lists under the My PJM Home tab. Select Technical Notifications under the Communications section to subscribe.
For questions or referrals, contact a client manager or email@example.com.