Stakeholders tackled the complexities of distributed energy resources at a special session of the Markets and Reliability Committee on June 17.
The meeting covered a number of topics at a high level. They included:
- Paths to how distributed energy resources may participate in PJM
- Scenarios on participation
- The benefits that qualified resources can provide in PJM markets
- Energy market
- Capacity market
- Ancillary services such as synchronized reserve and regulation
- Preliminary benchmarking with other ISO/RTOs
- Net energy injections
- Jurisdiction over interconnection and sales of generation/storage on distribution facilities
PJM will conduct further educational sessions on distributed energy resources.