Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker will deliver the keynote address for PJM Interconnection’s General Session stakeholder meeting Sept. 9, headlining a diverse group of speakers on this year’s topic, “Resource Adequacy and the Capacity Market: Framing the Future.”
The PJM General Session, from 9:30–11:30 a.m. Wednesday, presents opportunities for discussion of broad industry issues. The Webex-only event features experts from the industry, government, and environmental and investment communities, among others.
Following a welcome from Members Committee Chairman Steve Lieberman and PJM President and CEO Manu Asthana, Pritzker, who recently released his Eight Principles for a Clean & Renewable Illinois Economy energy plan, will address the session.
Following Pritzker, Stephen Byrd, head of North American Equity Research for utilities at Morgan Stanley, will share investor perspectives.
PJM will then convene a panel discussion featuring broad points of view on resource adequacy and PJM’s capacity market. Stu Bresler, PJM Senior Vice President of Market Services, will moderate the five-member panel, which features:
- Matthew Crozat, Senior Director of Policy Development at the Nuclear Energy Institute
- Travis Fisher, President and CEO of the Electricity Consumers Resource Council, and former advisor to FERC Commissioner Bernard McNamee
- James Maiz, partner in Rockland Capital, a private equity firm with a broad portfolio of merchant generation investment across many regional transmission organizations
- Gina McCarthy, President & CEO of the Natural Resources Defense Council and the former administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Administration
- Todd Snitchler, President & CEO of the Electric Power Supply Association and former chairman of the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
The panel will include a question and answer session.
PJM Board of Managers Chair Ake Almgren, Ph. D., will share closing remarks at the end of the forum. To register and learn more, visit pjm.com.