PJM highlighted five areas of focus in its response to the 2019 State of the Market Report from its independent market monitor.
The response, posted June 29, highlights these focus areas to help prioritize recommendations made by Monitoring Analytics, PJM’s independent market monitor, intended to enhance the competitiveness, efficiency and durability of PJM’s markets. The focus areas are:
- Five Minute Dispatch and Pricing
- Energy Market Power Mitigation
- Capacity Market Default Market Seller Offer Cap
- Up-to-Congestion Transactions
- Auction Revenue Rights/Financial Transmission Rights Market Design
The document provides background on these issues, including where they stand within the stakeholder or regulatory process, along with PJM’s position on the topic or on a path forward, as well as the market monitor’s recommendations.
Monitoring Analytics’ 2019 State of the Market Report is also available.